Under the Hood: Engineering at William Hill – Peter Morgan – Erlang User Conference 2015
Slides and more info: http://www.erlang-factory.com/euc2015/peter-morgan
Take a peek at some of the R&D that we are doing at William Hill to cope with 464 bets per second, 5,000,000 price changes and 160TB of data passing daily through our networks on a system that is available 24×7.
– Discussion of the high level architecture used to build these systems.
– Apache Kafka as the firehose.
– Connecting and scaling systems with Docker.
– Dashboards with Elastic Search and Kibana.
– A demo or two.
– People interested in systems with demanding non-functional requirements.
Peter is responsible for all development projects at William Hill and has been a strong adopter of distributed architecture, including NoSQL Riak database. Previously, Peter was co-founder and lead Java programmer of jcoverage which subsequently morphed into cobertura and co-founder at EJBHome, acquired by IONA technologies.