EUC 2014 – Duncan McGreggor – The State of LFE: A Lisp Flavoured Smörgåsbord
In the LFE talk given at Erlang Factory San Francisco 2014, we got up and running with LFE: everything from the basics through use in cloud apps and building RESTful services. We even explored the fringe with GP and HTNs. This talk will provide a brief overview of these but then continue with the latest exciting developments in the language and the community.
– Provide a brief overview of what a Lisp in the 21st century provides.
– Review several of the more useful/prevalent Lisp forms in LFE.
– Provide an update on the latest features in LFE and look at the LFE roadmap.
– Highlight LFE tooling and select projects from the community.
– Take a tour of the latest BEAM and JVM language interop with LFE.
Intermediate Erlangers or beginning Erlangers with Lisp/Scheme experience.