Building Wireless Sensor Networks, MQTT, RaspberryPi and Arduino – Zvi Avraham
In this talk, Zvi will share his experiences in developing an MQ Telemetry Transport protocol (MQTT-S) over Zigbee Gateway software in Erlang/OTP. MQTT-S is used as a publish/subscribe messaging protocol for wireless sensor networks (WSN), with the aim of extending the MQTT protocol beyond the reach of TCP/IP infrastructure for Sensor and Actuator solutions. This makes it a very efficient protocol for Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things connectivity.
• Introduce MQTT protocol, it’s ecosystem and standardization efforts.
• Give overview of MQTT-S – a version of MQTT specifically designed for sensors.
• Show how to build wireless sensor nodes with Arduino and Zigbee.
• Discuss design and implementation of MQTT-S over Zigbee gateway in Erlang/OTP.
• Highlight how easy is to port Erlang code to small Linux machines like RaspberryPi and BeagleBoard.
Target audience: Erlang programmers developing and/or testing web services.