About the Role
The Engineering role is highly technical and requires individuals driven to create great product. You will start out becoming a generalist in Riak, and eventually have areas of specialism within Riak.
You should have a strong aptitude for creativity, innovation, software architecture. You will be building distributed systems, NoSQL DB and its ecosystem. Being able to dig into the source, understand customer variable workloads, from the network down to the intricacies of how data is stored on disk will help make you successful in this position.
Above all, we are looking for enthusiastic team players who can communicate well, and are eager to learn and to help others. For the right individuals, this is a fabulous opportunity.
● Very competitive salary.
● A benefits package that includes private healthcare & contributory pension.
● Attend related industry events.
● Flexibility to spend some time working from home.
● Define, document, implement technical requirements and corresponding product implementations.
● Build distributed system
● Develop and maintain Riak core
● Work with product management to define product requirements
● Participate in architectural and design discussions
● Identify, reproduce and fix product bugs.
● Invent new ways to improve our company and products.
● Experience building distributed systems (3+ years).
● Experience building and/or using non relational DBs/repositories
● Competent in one of Erlang, Java, Python, Ruby, or Elixir.
● A developer, driven by pride in a job well done, and presents themselves in a professional manner.
● Someone who enjoys educating and helping people.
● An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
● No more than 1 month's notice period in your existing role.
● Experience delivering object or block storage solutions.
● Experience with S3.
● Experience with writing / editing technical documentation.
● Experience providing technical training.
● Previously used Graph or "big-data" solutions.
● Familiar with virtualization platforms.
● Experience with configuration management tools.
● An Github account with some history
● Involvement with other Open Source projects.
● Experience with a second programming language.
Our customers rave about our great products, and our commitment is to continue to innovate and deliver great product. If that sounds exciting, we look forward to hearing from you.
Basho Technologies is the leader in highly-available, distributed database technologies used to power scalable, data-intensive Web, mobile, and e-commerce applications along with large cloud computing platforms.
Basho customers, including fast-growing Web businesses and large Fortune 100 enterprises, use Riak to implement content delivery platforms and global session stores, to aggregate large amounts of data for logging, search, and analytics, to manage, store and stream unstructured data, and to build scalable cloud computing platforms.
We believe in delivering quality products, services and support. Our Engineering team values creativity, innovation and delivery of great product. We're looking for people who can make us even better.