The atmosphere is informal and intellectual. There is a focus on education, and people learn about software and trading, both through formal classes and on the job. The work is challenging, and you get to see the practical impact of your efforts in quick and dramatic terms. Jane Street is also small enough that people have the freedom to get involved in many different areas of the business. Compensation is highly competitive, and there’s a lot of room for growth.
You can learn more about Jane Street and our technology from our main site, janestreet.com. You can also look at a a talk given at CMU about why Jane Street uses functional programming (http://ocaml.janestreet.com/?q=node/61) and our programming blog (http://ocaml.janestreet.com)
We also have extensive benefits, including:
* 90% book reimbursement for work-related books
* 90% tuition reimbursement for continuing education
* Excellent, zero-premium medical and dental insurance
* Free lunch delivered daily from a selection of restaurants
* Catered breakfasts and fresh brewed coffee
* An on-site, private gym in New York with towel service
* Kitchens fully stocked with a variety of snack choices
* Full company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary, vests immediately
* Three weeks of paid vacation for new hires in the US
* 16 weeks fully paid maternity/paternity leave for primary caregivers, plus additional unpaid leave
More information at http://janestreet.com/workplace/benefits.php
Please apply through our webform at http://janestreet.com/apply
New York, NY
With offices in New York, London, and Hong Kong, Jane Street is a trading firm that operates around the clock and around the globe, trading a wide range of financial products, including:
ETFs, Equities, Futures, Commodities, Options, Bonds, Currencies
Jane Street has grown every year in its team, capital, and global presence, while enhancing its expertise in technology, operations, and trading. We safely navigated the dotcom and subprime excesses, staying true to our core focus rather than following the herd.
Jane Street’s team is now over 300 strong, and our trading volumes have skyrocketed as we’ve refined our understanding of how to value, trade, and hedge complex securities.