What You’ll Do?
You will design and develop Network Orchestration (NOS) application software to provision Cisco's Cloud Services. This group is building a Network Orchestrator product for the NFV and SDN area, which will empower the world’s fastest growing cloud development platform. The ideal candidate will participate in a team of engineers involved in development of new and exciting products in NFV and Virtualization Management.
Other responsibilities will include the following?
● Design and develop a Cloud management application for network equipment that includes switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers and the various virtualized appliances using Java, REST, Yang
● Architect, design, test and deliver system software to satisfy product requirements
● Work with various cross-functional groups such as product management, other development teams, QA, and documentation
● Participate in technical discussions and provide innovation to the product
Who You’ll Work With?
You will work with the Cisco Tail-f organization which is experiencing tremendous growth and develops industry leading Network Orchestration Software for converged hybrid networks for SDN and NFV services.
NFV is a network architecture concept, that is driving one of the biggest market transitions for Cisco and our customers. It's where everything is converged on the Cloud, making provisioning of services more relevant and valuable than before.
Who You Are?
If you are a developer whose passion lies in utilizing the latest software technologies in a DevOps model to embark on this new phase of Networking Virtualization in the Cloud, then this position is for you.
Our minimum qualifications for this role are the following;
● Minimum of 5-7 years of experience developing distributed software applications using Java, JEE, and REST / Restful based Web Services
● Previous development experience of networking and network management products such as SDN, NFV orchestration, Network appliances, NETCONF, SNMP, L3/l4, VxLAN, NSX, load balancers highly desired.
● Knowledge of Cisco and Industry Cloud computing (i.e. Openstack, VMWare, AWS), Data Center, Virtualization, Storage and Networking solutions is very desirable
● Good exposure to Scripting technologies (Python, Salt, Ansible) is desirable
● Experience with Object Oriented programming is a Must
● Exposure to technologies such as JSON, XML, Yang, and Erlang are a plus
● Ability to solve complex problems creatively
● Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in designing product and component level architecture.
● Excellent verbal and writing skills
● Must be a team player and work well in small and large group environments