At CAKE, we track billions of marketing events weekly. We’re looking for talented engineers that grasp the intricacies of managing a big data pipeline, from event ingestion to stream processing to MPP reporting to machine learning. This team is focused on our tracking and data analysis architecture spread across 8+ AWS regions worldwide.
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and management of the core business processes and data tier of the CAKE platform’s technology stack. This role is an integral part of CAKE’s development team and will work closely with key stakeholders, data architects, and leadership in the Technology and Product groups to ensure optimal database standards, performance, and reliability.
- Help design and develop the overall data architecture and vision with optimal performance in mind
- Leverage parallel Big Data architectures and distributed data systems (Cassandra, Spark, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Redis, Titan, MPP, etc.) to solve business problems
- Implement multi-region real-time data replication solutions for distribution of data across 8+ AWS regions worldwide
- Build applications capable of handling billions of events weekly
- Envision and engineer complex ETL and data stream processes across Big Data systems and Relational SQL databases
- Develop data pipeline for data security, privacy and regulatory compliance
- Work closely with application developers to create and implement solutions
- Assist with application performance and query tuning
- At least 3 years being in a developer role within a Big Data environment
- Expertise within at least one of the following preferred technologies:
Or expertise in handling high event volumes using one of:
- Experience with other Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Mahout, Storm, etc.)
- Experience in machine learning a plus
- Experience developing in complex High Availability, and Disaster Recovery environments
- Ability to assist in identifying and implementing the correct technology and architecture for business problems
- Experience performing high-volume data optimization, including data loading across large, distributed databases
- Must have strong programming and debugging skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
CAKE offers competitive compensation, stock options, and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k). Headquartered in sunny Newport Beach, CA, CAKE has a dynamic culture and vibrant work environment.
CAKE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.