About the Role:
AdRoll’s Real Time Bidding platform is the heartbeat of AdRoll. This infrastructure is a high volume, low latency system servicing over 80+ billion daily requests, each in less than 100 milliseconds.
This team and system is mission critical affecting the company’s bottom line and in fulfilling AdRoll’s vision of democratising the display advertising landscape.
As a Real-time Systems Engineer, you will work with a distributed team on highly distributed systems while partnering with other teams such as Data Science Engineering to ensure every bid request is honored in under 100 milliseconds. Technically, you will need to straddle several of AdRoll’s core technologies: our stack includes Python, Erlang, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, HBase, and our own open-sourced solutions.
- Improving the intelligence of the bidding systems, converting insights from AdRoll’s data science team into robust, scalable code
- Make key improvements to our core distributed systems infrastructure, powering over 500 thousand individual bid requests per second
- Be a part of a team working on a high volume, highly available system, critical to the success of the business.
- Balance performance and modularity in systems where every millisecond counts
- Roll up your sleeves and dig into every nook and cranny of AdRoll’s codebase
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- Experience with low latency high throughput systems or experience with concurrent languages and parallel languages like Erlang.
- Experience building, maintaining and improving highly distributed systems with multiple instances
- Erlang, Java and Python experience - programming Polyglots welcome!
- Experience or interested in learning a functional languages like Erlang
- You do your best work when you have lots of freedom and can take ownership of your projects from concept to finish
- Has a genuine interest in Open Source and has personal projects
About Our Tech Stack:
- Web applications powered by Flask, Pylons, PostgreSQL, Backbone.js, React, SASS and more
- Soft real-time systems running in Erlang
- Big-data backend running Hadoop, HBase, Storm and Thrift
- We rely heavily on AWS -- AdRoll is one of Amazon’s biggest customers!