As a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer at Stem, your responsbilities will be focused on software development for the embedded products of Stem’s Energy Platform. The ideal candidate will have a strong background with progamming embedded software products and cloud platform connectivity.
Stem seeks an energetic and self-motivated individual that is comfortable working independently or in a strong team environment. They will work as part of a high-performance team and collaborate with Product Management, QA & other stakeholders to deliver successful products to market.
- Development of software applications for hardware devices on Stem’s Edge Platform, including PowerMonitor & PowerController products
- Development of and integration with Linux OS environments including the use of BuildRoot & Docker
- Creation of detailed technical specifications based on supplied product requirements
- Collaboration with other software developers on high level architectural designs
- 5+ years of software development experience in an Agile environment
- 5+ years of hands on Linux/Unix development experience
- Experience with multiple of the following languages; Python, C/C++, Erlang, Ruby, Elixir or other functional programming languages
- Experience with interface protocols such as Modbus, BACNet, CANBus, etc.
- Experience with EC2 or other cloud infrastructure providers
- Comfortable at multiple layers of the technology stack from protocols through business applications
- Ability to use hardware test tools such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- BS in CS/CEN/EE or higher
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Seattle, WA, United States
Millbrae, California, United States
Seattle, Washington, United States