About the Role:
AdRoll’s Real Time Bidding platform is the heartbeat of AdRoll. This infrastructure is a high volume, low latency system servicing over 80+ billion daily requests, each in less than 100 milliseconds.
This team and system are mission critical affecting the company’s bottom line and in fulfilling AdRoll’s vision of democratizing the display advertising landscape.
As an Engineering Manager for this team, you will be the leader of this talented, ambitious group of real time systems engineers. While hellbent on building the best real-time bidding platform possible, above all, you recognize that building great systems means building great teams. Therefore, you provide mentorship to drive the professional growth of your engineers and grow the team by hiring great people. You are passionate about highly distributed, highly available, high volume systems. You take pride knowing you and your team are mission critical with real impacts to our bottom line.
- Paint the vision and set the roadmap for the Real Time Bidding team
- Manage a distributed engineering team focusing on scalability challenges/optimizations as our customer base and volume grows
- Focuses on hiring new team members
- Mentor engineers, providing both technical and career guidance to the team
- Closely collaborate with VP of Engineering, Engineering Management and PMs on product vision and direction of the team
- Keep abreast of the industry and drive innovation into our systems
- 5+ years developing in a modern web environment
- Experience leading a distributed team preferred
- Bachelors or Masters degree in relevant field
- A passion for and track record of building low latency highly distributed, highly available, high volume real-time systems
- Experience with low latency high throughput systems or experience with concurrent languages and parallel languages like Erlang.
- Erlang, Java and Python experience - programming Polyglots welcome!
- Experience or interested in learning functional languages like Erlang
- Has a genuine interest in Open Source and has personal projects
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical / Dental / Vision benefits
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
- The opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel award