The Lead DevOps Engineer will work closely with the Head of Engineering in building and maintaining a scalable AWS based architecture for Pypestream and will be responsible for the continuous build, deployment and management of the AWS and Erlang technology stack. You will implement security procedures and protocols and establish and maintain alerting and monitoring systems.
Pypestream is a Customer Engagement Solution that connects customers to businesses through the power of smart messaging to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Pypestream’s secure and compliant platform combines pragmatic AI and chatbots to enable transactions over messaging. The platform supports multiple use cases across the organization, such as customer service inquiries (FAQs, claims), billing services (payments), and marketing and sales promotions (coupons and content).
- WHAT YOU’LL DO
- To build and own the scalable AWS based micro-services distributed architecture for the company
- Use technologies such as RabbitMQ, RIAK, Erlang VMs, NodesJS, ReactJS and AWS services – EC2, ASG, etc.
- Own the continuous build, deployment, and environment management – Jenkins, Puppet
- Establish and maintain alerting and monitoring systems – DataDog, Wombat, NewRelic
- Implement security procedures and protocols – Pentest, etc.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a DevOps role
- Experience with cloud services, particularly AWS
- Experience with deployment automation tools, unix commands and scripting – we use Ansible
- Experience with terraform – to implement infrastructure definition and management, this includes dns, elb, sg, pg, asg, etc
- Experience with Ansible – to load the infrastructure and setup the nodes, services, configuration, backups, etc.
- Understanding of basic security practices (certificate management, openssl commands, intrusion detection, AWS Security Groups, IAM, etc.).
- Advanced security experience a plus.
- Erlang experience required including RabbitMQ
- Experience with RIAK nosql DB is a plus
- Experience with log aggregation systems (ELK)
- Experience with centralized monitoring systems and configuration such as DataDog
- Experience with container-approach such as Docker for automating CI/CD process
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- A dynamic and exciting culture where your work is valued
- Top-tier medical/dental/vision, and other great benefits
Fun in-office activities including catered lunches, group outings, and monthly lunch and learns
- An amazing office space with full kitchen, snacks and drinks all day, close to Penn Station
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
- We are growing a world-class team focused on creating a communication platform allowing for intimate conversations
- We’re passionate about building great products for our users in an agile environment
- We’re a small team growing fast, have huge impact and solve interesting problems