Code + Pizza + Beer = Happiness (RSVP so we have the right amount of each)
Welcome back to the Boston Riak group. I’m excited to focus our energy on a particularly interesting portion of developing distributed systems:
• Where do NoSQL technologies fit into my system architecture?
• What’s different about coding with Riak vs relational databases?
• How does it fit into trends like Big Data & IoT from a design perspective?
• Where does Riak fit into the NoSQL world?
• What are the strengths of Riak?
• How do I get started using it?
• Is it good for rapid prototyping?
• How well does it grow into production?
Come by our awesome hosts at Workbar with your laptops to follow along or just join to learn a bit more about how your peers are designing distributed systems to scale databases from dev to prod.
If you have any questions beforehand, you can always ping me on Twitter.
Your friendly advocate