Rose Point Navigation (http://rosepointnav.com) builds navigation systems for the marine market. Their latest product is a series of devices running embedded Elixir.
These devices are shipping to customers today.
How great is that? Pretty darn great. Garth Hitchens of Rose Point Navigation will show the actual devices and discuss the challenges and advantages of building a hardware product run by Elixir, including:
• using erlang/elixir with nerves to build internet-of-things devices
• demonstrating some new open source libraries Rose Point has written for IoT devices
• exploring these technologies with inexpensive ARM devices like Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone Black with live builds and demos!
• solving problems like remote firmware updates/fallback, network configuration, test/debug/logging cycle, etc
• evolving to a solid and finished commercial product, with demos of finished products we’ve built at Rose Point
Sounds like fun! Hope to see you there!