The 19.1 Erlang/OTP release has just been released by Ericsson.
Erlang/OTP 19.1 is a service release on the 19 track with mostly bug fixes, but is does contain a number of new features and characteristics improvements as well.
Some highlights of the release are:
- erts: Improved dirty scheduler support. A purge of a module will not have to wait for completion of all ongoing dirty NIF calls.
- erts: Improved accuracy of timeouts on MacOS X.
- kernel: Add net_kernel:setopts/2 and net_kernel:getopts/2 to control options for distribution sockets in runtime.
- asn1: Compiling multiple ASN.1 modules in the same directory with parallel make (make -j) should now be safe.
- httpd: support for PUT and DELETE in mod_esi
- ~30 contributions since 19.0
You can find the Release Notes with more detailed info at
Erlang Solutions provides packages for CentOS 6 & 7, currently supported versions of Ubuntu/Debian, the Windows platform and OS X. Be sure to check out our new ESL Erlang Installer for the ability to switch versions on the fly on your Mac!
Let us know what your experience with the new installer was: