Cowboy 2.0 pre-release 4
2.0.0-pre.4 has been released. This is a recommended version of Cowboy. See the entire release at: https://ninenines.eu/articles/cowboy-2.0.0-pre.4/
Significant changes in this pre-release:
- A new architecture: there now is one process per connection and one process per request. This was done because HTTP/2 allows running requests concurrently.
- Stream handlers. Every request, response and data goes through stream handlers. They are meant to replace hooks and more. They will be documented in a future pre-release. Check
- Numerous changes to the
cowboy_reqinterface. This is very close to final. Check the manual for what changed.
- The Req object is no longer passed in Websocket callbacks.
- It is now possible to send frames directly from
- SPDY support was removed, now that we have HTTP/2.
- Update Ranch to 1.3. We still depend on Cowlib master for the time being.
- A much improved manual.