Erlang Software Developer
Messaging built for business
IRELAND; NEW YORK CITY, NY; SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Pypestream is messaging built for business; securely connecting organizations with their customers and employees through the mobile devices they use throughout their day.
We’re growing a world-class team focused on creating a communication platform that enables personal, yet scalable conversations. Our passion is building great products for our users in an agile environment, and we’re always on the lookout for the industry’s best talent.
Pypestream shares a collaborative leadership and features company culture centered on transparency to ensure we constantly exceed expectations.
We are looking for a Server Engineer who is passionate about designing, developing, and delivering scalable messaging platform supporting hundreds of thousands of concurrent messages. The ideal candidate would have experience implementing, operating, and optimizing a wide variety of applications in a distributed environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and maintain Erlang messaging platform that includes Riak & RabbitMQ
- Work both on your own and in close collaboration with other team members and upstream developers
- Work closely with the platform team on the architecture and implementation of high availability
- Direct participation in the decision making process, we’re a pretty small group
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent demonstrable commercial experience
- Min 3 years of Erlang/OTP experience within a live environment (not training or personal projects)
- A love of functional programming, the most high and enlightened way of the ancient masters
- Experience shipping and maintaining high traffic products.
- Focus on test-driven development with a strong knowledge of testing frameworks and methodologies
- Excellent working knowledge of HTTP and REST
- A strong and effective team player
BONUS POINTS AWARDED TO THOSE WITH EXPERIENCE IN:
- RabbitMQ & AMQP/STOMP protocols
- Riak or equivalent NoSQL database
- System and application monitoring solutions
- Packaging using RPM
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
- We are growing a world-class team focused on creating a communication platform allowing for intimate conversations
- We’re passionate about building great products for our users in an agile environment
- We’re a small team growing fast, have huge impact and solve interesting problems
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- A dynamic and exciting culture where your work is valued
- Top-tier medical/dental/vision, and other great benefits
- An amazing office space with full kitchen, snacks and drinks all day, close to Penn Station