Apply at http://skanatek.se/job-erlang-developer/
We are looking for team members with diverse technical backgrounds who love to solve problems and can leverage their personal experience to grow our team. If outstanding technical opportunities interest you, you should consider Skanatek AB.
What you will do:
- Design and develop industry-grade Erlang/OTP systems;
- Test-Driven Development with EUnit, QuickCheck and Proper;
- git branching and deployment with git;
- Agile practices in software development;
- At least 4 years of experience in Erlang/OTP (industry-grade systems);
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or other related field;
- MS in computer science or equivalent is preferred and BS is required;
- Strong communication skills;
- Willing to work as part of a team which consists of experienced developers as well as interns;
- Experience with Linux shell, Fabric, UNIX administration.
If you do not qualify for this position due to the lack of formal education or experience, you can try a similar Internship position in our company.
Why this position is cool
- It is remote, there is no need to visit the office. You are free to work from home or any other location as long as you do your daily reports (tasks completed, time spent, time estimated);
- Flexible schedule. You can work 9 to 5 or at night or early in the morning - or at any other time slots suitable for you;
- Interesting projects. You will work on projects that matter and which make people’s lives better;
- Informal and flexible atmosphere. Do you have a suit? Good, you do not need one at this position;
- Your voice can be heard. The more experience you accumulate over time, the more freedom in decision making you will get.
It might happen that you could be eligible for one of the Arbetsförmedlingen’s support programs:
If you know that you are eligible, please mention that in your application (you can check your eligibility at your local Arbetsförmedlingen office).
Why you should join
We are a team with a flat organizational structure with each team member doing tasks he or she really enjoys doing. Please, check out the Jobs page to know more about how our team works.
Would like to know even more? You can read about what we do and how we do it in our blog.
Whom we expect to see in the team
We prefer to enhance our team with generalists, because they tend to perform more efficiently compared to specialist in ever-changing situations. That means that it is absolutely ok if you lack some specific skills in your CV, but it also means that the range of the tasks assigned to you will be very broad.
How to apply for this position
To apply for this position you must complete a simple Introductory task first. We do not accept applications for job positions or internships without a respective Introductory task completed. All introductory tasks are listed here.
In case you have some disability, please do not hesitate to tell us about that; we will try to adjust to make the interview more comfortable for you.