Exciting opportunities have arisen to join a team within a large national delivery centre where you will contribute to solutions that really help our users and create significant value and opportunity to clinicians and patients across the whole of England. We are recruiting for a number of roles at different levels.
You will be working in an Agile delivery environment following DevOps principles and will be central to the ongoing development and improvement of key healthcare systems. These could include developing and enhancing critical messaging, identity and/or data infrastructure operating at significant scale to support critical healthcare services for the NHS and beyond.
How we work:
• Agile development approach underpinned by DevOps principles
• Using the latest Open Source and commercial technologies
• Value-driven to solve real user problems
We are looking for people with:
• Passion, drive and high levels of enthusiasm for new challenges
• Self-motivation and a desire to succeed as part of a team
• A commitment to excel in a demanding and highly rewarding role
In addition to a competitive salary you can look forward to a full range of public sector benefits, including an excellent contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and various flexible working options. Perhaps the most compelling reasons for joining us, however, are the scale, scope and high profile nature of the projects you’ll be working on, and the unprecedented opportunity for personal and professional development.
• Demonstrable skills/ability in any programming language (e.g. Python, Java, C#, ECMAScript (ES), Erlang);
• Open source products;
• Relational or non-relational databases (e.g. Riak, Postgres, MariaDB);
• Unix/Linux operating systems such as Ubuntu/RedHat.
• Automated/repeatable build processes - integration and unit tests, continuous integration;
• Messaging, queue, authentication/authorisation;
• Data processing and analytics;
• Be able to express a reasoned argument on effective delivery practices such as Scrum, Kanban.
All applicants for this role will be required to submit a technical test prior to interview.
The test requires you to create some code and supporting artefacts to satisfy a basic set of requirements. Please note: We will be unable to progress your application to interview unless a suitable tech test has been submitted.