Lambda days 2015 call for papers
For the second year in a row Lambda Days comes to Kraków to bring together people passionate about functional programming. Last year we had the chance to experience first hand the energy and potential of the amazing communities of experts, students, specialists, leaders and innovators willing to invest their time in functional programming languages.
To all you people in business of making Scala, Erlang, Haskell, F#, Lisp and Clojure great – we’re coming back, bigger and better than ever!
Submit your presentation
Are you interested in presenting your thoughts on the subject of functional programming? Submit your presentation.
As of now we have identified 6 areas our audience would love to hear about:
- development in Scala, Erlang, Haskell, F#, Clojure and other functional languages
- functional approach in other programming languages
- new and non-mainstream languages
Software and system design
- design patterns
- refactoring tools and methods
- reactive programming models, concurrency models
- message driven systems, scalability, responsiveness and failure handling
- reactive design patterns
- handling streams of data and events
- testing and debugging
Computation in functional technologies
- concurrency models
- design patterns for computation-intensive applications
- large-scale, parallel computing
Applications and case studies
- inspiring talks by technology thought leaders
- large-scale and distributed systems
- functional technologies on embedded devices
Is your presentation slightly outside that scope? Amaze and inspire us with your submission! You need to prepare an abstract of a maximum of 500 words. If it’s accepted, prepare a presentation of any form (pdf, ppt, demo or other) and show your work at Lambda Days in February. Abstract submission deadline is 05.01.2015
If you want to apply to have your work published in the Computer Science Journalcheck the appropriate box in the form. Our committee will review your work and contact you about further steps. Abstract submission deadline in this case is 17.11.2014.